Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Arm Hammer Essentials Clumping 18 Pounds Kitty likes it :)

Arm & Hammer Essentials Natural Clumping Litter, 18-Pounds
Arm & Hammer Essentials Natural Clumping Litter, 18-Pounds Read more...


Doesn't control urine odor at all! I tried this because it was lightweight but I hated it! It doesn't absorb odor very well at all and I threw out the rest of the bag. I've used the regular kind in a box and it's okay but not this stuff.
Smell is Overpowering! I decided to try this after using Swheat Scoop to see if it works just as well and I was curious about the odor neutralizing. It does clump as well as other natural litters but natural litters do not clump like clay litters. I consider it a trade off for the health of my cats.The scent is awful! My whole house smells like some fake flowery perfume. I do not want to smell cat litter good or bad. Swheat Scoop smells like wheat which is what it is made of. I don't think many cats want their litter to smell pretty. I currently have a sinus infection and am unable to smell or taste much but I can definitely smell this!I will not be purchasing this again unless they come out with an unscented version.
Disappointed Smells like damp hay tracks horribly and does not clump. In addition to cleaning the boxes more frequently I also have to sweep a large area around them twice a day and its really hard to get off the floor. I'll stick to the regular arm&hammer litter.
Horrible fake scent that takes over your house No where on the packaging does it say this litter is scented. Corn has no smell and baking soda has no smell. If it did I would not have purchased. My cats hate perfumed litter. Thankfully I kept their other box with Swheat in it. I am requesting a refund from the company.the litter smells even worse with urine and feces mixed in..I just threw it all out and I can still smell it in the house.
Misleading title I bought this to replace regular litter as I had heard that regular clay litter can be bad for cats. I tried Swheat Scoop which is fine just does not last too long.This is about the same as SWheat Scoop except that it is a little softer on their feet I think and there is some sort of overwhelming fragrance added.The smell of this stuff is so nasty and it does not cover up the poop smell it just blends with it. No where on the label does it say anything about a fragrance added. My cats run out of the litter box cabinet and have started coughing and sneezing. I think it is because of the nasty litter smell.This stuff also tracks quite a bit because it is so light and soft it stays on their feet.I thought I was doing them a favor by buying this but I think it is not good for them after all and I would suggest not wasting your money. It does not clump very well just kind of breaks apart. That would not be a big issue if it were not for the smell.So the pros are It is not clay which is probably not good for them and this litter is very soft on their feet.
Would give it zero stars if I could AWFUL! I'm an owner of three cats and have been doing rescue for two decades so I've tried more than a few brands of litter in my day. This was by far one of the worst. Sure there was no dust. However there was also no way in hell my cats were going to touch it a second time. Clumping? Yeah if by clumping Arm & Hammer meant will turn into soggy granules that will go everywhere BUT the box and your scoop. Skip this stuff.
Really good for odor. Okay I've tried EVERY cat litter on the market over the course of my 18 yearold cat's life. This one works great actually controls odor very well. I only notice smells after the box has been very active. It has a bit of a piney smell which some cats can object to so I mix this about half and half with
Terrible smell This product gets three stars for its clumping ability and because it is dustfree but the stench kept it from getting a higher ranking. I'm not sure what chemicals Arm & Hammer used but the smell is overpowering. Just opening the bag is enough to knock a person out. The natural smell of other litters is a lot better. I'd rather my house smell like wood chips than this chemical.
Not just for cats I have 2 rabbits that are boxed trained. It's light weight and the smell is either peppermint or eucalyptus and it's not overwhelming at all. Doesn't bother them or me. Besides that it doesn't smell up the place either it's more likely you'll smell it when you first take it from the bag. Better than dust or the alternative. Rabbit urine is thicker than cats I have never smelled it since working with this litter. I do clean their boxes daily but there's little hassle in that. Here's something consider you can always take the used litter back to the store if you absolutely hate it. For us we use every bit of it so consider giving it a shot.
Kitty likes it My cat has tried several litters. Sometimes he flings pieces of litter everywhere sometimes he sneezes a lot and sometimes he doesn't use the litter box at all. However will this litter I haven't had any problems. My cat likes it and so do I. It's a nice nonclay clumping litter with a pleasant smell. Some people do not like the scent but it doesn't bother me. One thing that I have always done is add a little baking soda to the litter which tones the scent done a little.
Read more...



Related Products

No comments:

Post a Comment