Saturday, July 14, 2012

Fresh Step Extreme Scoopable Clumping Heavily scented and super dusty

Fresh Step Extreme Odor Control Scoopable Clumping Cat Litter, 20 lbs.
Fresh Step Extreme Odor Control Scoopable Clumping Cat Litter, 20 lbs. Read more...

  • Neutralizes odor between uses with bacteria growth inhibitors that stop ammonia odor before it starts
  • Freshens with every step
  • Odor-eliminating carbon for maximum odor control

  • My new favorite!! I have 2 cats and 2 litter boxes. This is my all time new favorite litter!!!LikesIt really does combat the smell!! as soon as the cat uses the box the smell is immediately gone!Clumps TIGHT! the clumps do not fall apart at all!! best clumping I've used!Pleasant smellDislikesa little on the pricey side compared to others but worth it to me.While the smell is pleasant I feel like unscented is better for the cats. Less chemicals that can aggravate their systems.I was a little worried that it was scented because my cats can be picky I didn't want them to NOT use it because of the scent but that was not the case at all.
    I used Fresh Step cat litter for many years and was quick to tell any of my cat owner friends that it was the best bang for the I used Fresh Step cat litter for many years and was quick to tell any of my cat owner friends that it was the best bang for the buck litter. It clumped hard making the chore of cleaning the cat box a relatively easy one. Sometime around 6 months ago that all changed. Now it forms a sludge in the cat box that is nearly impossible to scrape out. The amount of effort necessary to clean the box could easily induce a muscle strain or hernia for those unfortunate enough to purchase this litter. Interestingly after having this experience twice because I thought maybe I just got a bad batch the first time I turned to Scoop Away which I always considered to be a similarly good product only to find the exact same thing. What the heck? Turns out both products are made by the Clorox Pet products Co.
    No More Dreading the Litter Box I LOVE LOVE this litter. I've tried several types including the crystals and they all got stinky too quickly for me and for their price tags. I tried this one because it claims to control odor and that it does! It does have a pungent perfumeycologney scent to it but I'll gladly sniff that over kitty clumps. I do clean the box everytime she uses it but I don't have to change the litter until I just plain want to. Another bonus is the almost odorless waste that I scoop out. The litter clings to it and masks the odor quite a bit which I appreciate. Kitty doesn't mind using it and it didn't take her any time to make the switch. Four stars instead of five for the dusty clouds that balloon up everytime I run the scoop through but I just stand updraft.
    Heavily scented and super dusty Let me start by saying I prefer non clumping litter. I normally use Fresh Step non clumping and haven't had a single issue with it. I wanted to see if clumping litter would have an advantage so I picked up Fresh Step extreme odor control clumping litter. I have a single 5 month old kitten so I figured extreme odor control would be more than adequate.First this litter is incredibly dusty. I use a hooded litter pan and my cat comes out covered in dust and with the dust comes an odd perfume smell that is added to this litter. There is no way around it your cat will be covered in dust and smell exactly like this product. I actually enjoy the scent of the non clumping Fresh Step so it's disappointing that this scent is so off putting. Someone else here described it as bad mens cologne I wouldn't say that's too far off. Also after 23 days of the new litter my kitten started having a runny nose and teary eyes both of which cleared up when I switched back.Second being this is my first foray into clumping litter I'm not sure if I can blame this on the cat or the litter but no matter how hard I tried there would still be micro clumps all around the box after scooping.Third it did a poor job at odor control. We're in the process of figuring out what is giving our kitten diarrhea so a litter with strong odor control is crucial. It would stink for about 2 hours after he poops and not just near the litter box but the entire room the box is in. For extreme odor control it does a pretty poor job. We don't have an issue with odor with the non clumping oddly enough.All in all I can't recommend it there has to be a better clumping litter out there. Give non clumping a try.
    Way too chalky and dusty! Very unpleasant smell and so chalky I could barely be in the room where the litter was.
    Good stuff This is really good stuff. I put out two litter boxes and let the cats choose their favorite. This stuff won no problem over a noname brand. No odor clumps well. Cats don't seem to mind the scent.
    Read more...



    Related Products

    No comments:

    Post a Comment