Friday, March 23, 2012

Feline Pine Scoop Litter 53035 Won't buy again


Feline Pine Scoop Litter - 53035 - Bci
  • Neutralizes odor naturally.
  • Lightweight - easy to carry.
  • Designed for mulitple cat homes.
  • Won't buy again Initially I was so pleased to find this litter. Finally a lightweight box to carry up the stairs. I'm recovering from back surgery so thought this litter would solve the carrying problem. I changed out litter yesterday and my two cats used it last night with no problem. I came home from work today and more than half of the contents of the box was on the floor. What a mess! I know this litter is lightweight but this is ridiculous. I'm going back to Arm & Hammer Essentials Natural Clumping Cat Litter not found on Amazon. I wasn't crazy about the fragrance but it too is lightweight and sure worked better than this Feline Pine.
    Great odor control good clumping While I admit that the one flaw with this product is its inability to stay in my litter box I do like the natural odor control and good clumping. When I first put the litter in a clean empty litter box my cats went right in but made a mess tossing the litter out of the box. The litter is so light and fluffy that with vigorous digging it easily goes over the side of the box. I had to sweep my floor three times before I solved this problem by putting a throw rug next to the litter box. Now when the litter is sprinkled outside of the box I just pick up the throw rug and shake the litter back into the box. I don't find any more litter on my carpet/cat/furniture/etc than I did when I used clay litter.
    Great litter I felt I had to chime in with some contrast to the folks who were displeased with this litter. I've been using it for our two cats for quite some time now and have been quite pleased with it.The litter does track a bit more than our clay litter did though not nearly as much as it sounds in the other reviews. We keep small mats built for catching litter on the floor in front of the litter boxes and surely they make a difference perhaps more than I give them credit for.
    Creates more work than necessary Having purchased this litter under the impression it would neutralize odors and make our kittens' litter easier to scoop I was disappointed that my main concern became having to use the vacuum to clean up the debris this litter tracks around the house. The kittens spread this crap everywhere and it becomes an unnecessary distraction like using a broom to clean up a year's worth of dust everyday. When the kittens jumped in bed or on the couch the litter would assuredly stick to their coats and paws leaving a fresh noticeable trail that needed to be swept. I will never be purchasing this again.
    Worse than Clay I have had many cats in my lifetime and I have used many different types of cat litter. Other than Tidy Cats this has to be one of the worst. I have a 3 month kitten I am teaching litter training and this litter makes a HUGE mess. It's dusty and since my kitten is mediumlong haired it gets stuck all in his legs and tail and tracks throughout the house. I had it in his box for about an hour and in that time I literally vacuumed 3 times! This is when I got fed up and took it back to exchange for Yesterday's News. MUCH better no dust no tracking.The Pro's about this product are it does a semi good job of clumping and and it has a pleasant plywood smell. It is also made of renewable Yellow Pine. But the mess just ruined it for me.
    dusty kitty! i'll keep this short as there isn't much to say that's good about it. we had used conventional litter and tried this as we're trying to be more green. the cat can be a little picky but took to it without issue. after a few days though we noticed dust everywhere on the bed on the bathroom rug and of course on the cat. it doesn't seem to bother her so much but it bothers us. now we're looking for an alternative as we won't be buying more of this. one note as we transitioned over from the conventional stuff we mixed this in and didn't notice the tracking problem. i'm not sure if it's coincidental but thought i'd mention it.


    Neutralizes odor naturally..Lightweight - easy to carry..Designed for mulitple cat homes.. Feline Pine Scoop naturally neutralizes strong odors on contact, leaving your home remarkably fresh! Highly absorbent pine litter binds directly to ammonia particles and locks them away for good. Simply scoop and discard daily! Made from renewable southern yellow pine and natural Guar Bean Gum--it's 100 percent natural! Pine naturally neutralizes ammonia.With the clumping power of an all-natural fiber made from the Guar Bean, Feline Pine Scoop clumps tight, so nothing is left behind but fresh litter. Using Feline Pine Scoop is a safe and healthy way to enjoy the benefits of a clumping cat litter without any of the chemicals or silica dust.

    No comments:

    Post a Comment