Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Feline Pine Scoop Litter 10 1 Pound Messiest litter ever!!!


Feline Pine Scoop Cat Litter, 10.1-Pound Box
  • Net quantity of 10.1 pounds
  • Made from renewable southern yellow pine and natural Guar Bean Gum; 100 percent natural
  • Fully absorbs liquid, just like thousands of tiny sponges
  • Chemical free and safe for your cat; no dust and no tracking
  • Naturally neutralizes strong odors on contact, leaving your home remarkably fresh
  • Hypoallergenic cat litter My cat had allergy problems for years till I started using this product.
    GREAT LITTER but does track a lot Sorry for the long post. Here's my experience and a few tipsI have 3 precious cats. I used to have 6 cats and litter got to be quite expensive. I have been wanting to switch from clay litter to a more environmental cat and human friendly litter for a long time. I have asthma and allergies and I can't stand the synthetic perfumes they put in clay litter plus all the dust. It makes me want to gag. I'm also tired of constantly scooping sticky cementlike clay masses from the litter box carrying home heavy bags of litter from the store and cleaning up litter tracked all over my house. My cats like to pee either in the corners of the box or my male Persian will stick his but in the air and pee and it would go right over the litter box and get all over the floor. I didn't want to use a lid because of all the dust the litter generated. I had to buy storage containers from Walmart to use as litter boxes. These are great! They're clear taller than the average litter box and only $5. They do have to climb to get into them but for my elder I set something near it that she can jump on so it's easier for her to access it. I also considered purchasing a litter box enclosure to help reduce tracking. I've recently tried the SWheatScoop and loved it but my one cat started eating it. Plus if you have a moth problem they love grain litters. Ever since we got a Christmas tree we've had months. I've tried World's Best Cat Litter and liked that but it's cornbased again grain and fairly expensive.
    Messiest litter ever!!! RUN AWAY!!! Unless you have a Roomba vacuum cleaner continually running in your home. I cannot figure out for the life in me how anyone can rate this litter as great! I just thought my cats tracked the clumping clay litter into the house this stuff is awful! My floors in my house looked like the floor of my grandfathers wood working shop and that was only after 1 day! I immediately dumped it and replaced with clumping clay again. I'm all about doing the best thing for the environment but I don't have a maid so I have to do what's best for me.
    BE WARNED This stuff is so light and fluffy that it flies right out of the litter box with the slightest jostle you will find piles of it all around the box. And it tracks EVERYWHERE. It is also coated with some sticky substance called natural guar bean gum which does not clump anywhere near as strongly as clay the clumps fall apart as you scoop them. It also means that the little sawdust pieces that kitty tracks all over the house cannot be easily vacuumed out of rugs and fabric because they STICK to them. Not only that the sticky substance gets on my cat's paws and starts to make a candylike coating on the hardwood floor which resists wiping off.I'm disappointed because I am environmentallyminded and had high hopes but this is one of the worst products I've ever bought.
    Great litter I love how light weight this litter is. It's easy to keep clean and vacuums up easily. I prefer it over the typical clumping litter.
    Love the scent and environmental safety I know some are complaining about the tracking of the pine but you have to realize that the clay tracks as well you just don't see it. I have asthma and have found that it isn't aggrevated like it was by the clay dust. Like others have stated I put a towel under the box so I shake the excess back into the box and vacuum the floor once a week.
    Feline Pine Scoop is the best cat litter I've used this for years with my three cats. It's terrifc litter no clay no chemicals just groundup pine. It stays fresh it's scoopable and a 10 pound box lasts two weeks with my crew.
    Poor odor control product stinks after a week I purchased this litter because of the warnings about the health hazards of clumping clay litter especially with kittens. We have 4 pound female kitten and this litter failed to cover her litter box odor. We are feeding her Blue Buffalo Wilderness so her food is not at issue.Straight from the box it has a pleasant odor it looks feels and smells like sawdust. For the urine of a tiny female cat it worked just fine. Whenever she went #2 though the _whole house_ would smell just as bad as if she'd pooped on the floor. Even if she buried her business the feline pine would not cover up the smell.
    Ridiculous Price for Terrific Litter I tried this litter first when it was on sale at my local grocery for %10 for the box and I was really impressed with how long it lasted must better than clay and clean. The trick to the clumping pine is scooping and replacing the fill with dry. I have a multiple cat household and for one or two kitties in one very large box it doesn't break down as fast but I have the mega Petmate litter box that I just for this and it's a favorite among most of my kitties.
    Better alternative to clay clumping litter! I tried this because I was going through kitty litter constantly and the price was getting high for the clay clumping litter and I felt like so much was wasted as I cleaned the pans out every time in the clumps. Also was hoping to avoid all the lifting of heavy jugs since my kids help with caring for the litter pans at times. I am AMAZED at how well this litter clumps and covers odors!!! I really wasn't expecting it to do well with either thing and think it is so much better than clay in both areas.I love how light it is compared to clay as well. And love the pine scent of it. My cats use it and seem to like it just as much if not better than clay too which I was also concerned about. I have 2 litter pans and first switched only one over to be sure they used it before switching over the other one. As others have mentioned it tracks more easily out of the pan and around the house. But I am constantly vacuuming anyway so it isn't a problem for me. Also it takes a little longer to scoop with a regular kitty litter scoop because it sifts slower than clay. I haven't gotten one yet but notice others recommend a wider slotted scoop. I think the pros far outweigh the couple of cons I can mention. It is economical and has a rewards type program for collecting points from the boxes. It is better for the environment as well as your cats' and family's lungs. It is much easier to carry and pour. It lasts longer because less is used in the clumping than clay. It covers odors very well with it's light pine scent.


    Net quantity of 10.1 pounds.Made from renewable southern yellow pine and natural Guar Bean Gum; 100 percent natural.Fully absorbs liquid, just like thousands of tiny sponges.Chemical free and safe for your cat; no dust and no tracking.Naturally neutralizes strong odors on contact, leaving your home remarkably fresh. Feline Pine Scoop naturally neutralizes strong odors on contact, leaving your home remarkably fresh! Highly absorbent pine litter binds directly to ammonia particles and locks them away for good. Simply scoop and discard daily! Made from renewable southern yellow pine and natural Guar Bean Gum--it's 100 percent natural! Pine naturally neutralizes ammonia.With the clumping power of an all-natural fiber made from the Guar Bean, Feline Pine Scoop clumps tight, so nothing is left behind but fresh litter. Using Feline Pine Scoop is a safe and healthy way to enjoy the benefits of a clumping cat litter without any of the chemicals or silica dust.


    Related Products
    • Feline Pine Original Cat Litter, 20-Pound Bag 4 stars for a single cat household. Not so much for multicat I used this litter for almost two years for my 3 yr old male cat. It worked great. Never any smells and easy to clean. Plus the larger pellets don't track. However one problem with this and other set it ...Read the full

    • Feline Pine Original Cat Litter, 40-Pound Bags Feline pine is the best but you can get cheaper Feline pine is the best litter if you use it correctly and make sure to get all the moisture in contact with the pellets.What I was pleasantly shocked to find out is that FP is NOT a new concept. It is just new ...Read the full

    • Feline Pine Original Cat Litter, 10.2-Pound Bag Great litter! I have two cats that use a big litter box. I've tried them all the clumping the pretty smelling the corn the crystals and the newspaper and this one is the best for this main reason. IT DOESNT TRACK ALL OVER THE HOUSE. I was ...Read the full

    • Spot's Stew for Cats, Wholesome Chicken, 5-1/2-Ounce, 12-Can Great cat food. It's a keeper! All 3 of my cats love this food. They were previously on Wellness Turkey and when the cans were recalled I tried this on the suggestion of a family friend since their one cat has the same crystal issues our ...Read the full

    • Fancy Feast Gourmet Cat Food, 3-Flavor Seafood Variety Pack, 3-Ounce Cans (Pack of 24) Fancy Feast a GREAT DEAL Here on Amazon! This is a direct response to the misleading nonsensical review that starts with the headline No BargainFirst off the No Bargain review is EXTREMELY MISLEADING.Here's the two things the reviewer got ...Read the full

    No comments:

    Post a Comment